Skip to main content

Temporary accommodation, close to your work, is being set up for healthcare workers affected by COVID-19.

All healthcare workers can apply for temporary accommodation. This includes staff in:

  • HSE
  • community healthcare
  • Section 38 and 39 organisations including voluntary hospital staff
  • National Ambulance Service
  • private nursing homes
  • long-term disability and mental health residential facitlities
  • Home support and personal assistant staff (in some cases)
  • Older Person Services
  • Disability Service
  • Mental Health Services

As a healthcare worker, you can apply for temporary accommodation if you:

  • live with family members that are self-isolating and you cannot return home
  • live with vulnerable persons
  • require emergency accommodation due to urgent response or mitigating factors
  • require accommodation in order to facilitate rosters
  • share accommodation where you are at an increased risk of getting or spreading COVID-19 (this does not include couples or co-habiting family members who normally live together)
  • returned from overseas and are contracted to work and require accommodation
  • live in congregated domestic living arrangements, for example, a hostel, a direct provision centre

Short and longer-term accommodation may be made available, depending on your needs. This will be decided by your manager.

To apply for the temporary accommodation:

  • Submit a temporary accommodation referral form to your line manager.
  • Your manager will review the request and make the necessary arrangements.
  • Your manager will let you know if your request is approved and book your accommodation.
  • You must inform your manager as soon as possible if you wish to cancel the accommodation booking.
  • Discuss any queries you have about the accommodation with your manager.

Find more information here:  


Please contact the Drop-In Centre for more information regarding this temporary accommodation.