Closing date for applications: 5pm Thursday 30th November 2017
MRCI is currently looking for interns for a 6-month casework internship.
The primary role of the intern case worker is to provide information and assistance and to carry out assessments in the Drop-In Centre within MRCI. We particularly encourage applications from people from a migrant background.
The duties of the worker are to:
- Assist in providing information and assistance to migrant workers and their families and to support the work of the Drop-In Centre team
- Refer migrant workers to specialist and locally-based organizations who can offer support and advice
- Assist the Drop-In Centre coordinator in the implementation of team work plan
- Conduct and participate in regular analysis of the issues facing migrant workers and their families
- Complete and maintain manual case files and the computerised case management system
- Engage in training sessions and courses organized internally and externally with other organizations involved in supporting migrant workers
- Contribute to the overall work and activities of MRCI
Relevant induction and ongoing training will be provided to the successful candidate, who will gain valuable knowledge in employment law and immigration policies and procedures.
Hours of work: 25 hours a week 10:00 to 4:00 Monday to Friday
Duration: Six months from January to June 2018 (inclusive)
Reports to: Drop-In Centre Coordinator
Remuneration: Travel and lunch expenses
- Fluent in English – competence in other languages an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Comfortable with MS Office
- Knowledge of Irish employment and immigration law an advantage
Please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter marked ‘Casework Internship’ to email@example.com before 5:00 pm on Thursday, 30th of November 2017.
For more information on MRCI and our internship policy, see www.mrci.ie