We are delighted to share with you our 2022 Annual Report. This highlights the incredible work and successes of last year. Some of our key achievements were:
- The long-awaited regularisation scheme, which opened in January 2022, received a total of 11,404 applications across the two strands of the scheme. MRCI played a vital role in supporting undocumented people to navigate the application process.
- We held 19 clinics in Dublin, Galway and Cork, and provided 3,092 tailored information and casework supports to undocumented people applying for the scheme
- In May, over 200 volunteers took part in a national Poster Day of Action to promote the scheme for undocumented people. This resulted in fliers and posters in over 900 locations across the country
- MRCI’s free and confidential Drop-in Centre delivered 4,689 information and casework supports to migrant workers and their families.
- MRCI assisted 10 groups of workers in advocating for better terms and conditions of employment in the agri-food sector, impacting 1,200 workers.
- We provided support to 28 people who experienced severe forms of labour exploitation and suspected trafficking for labour exploitation
- We secured Ministerial commitment in the Employment Permits Bill as part of the campaign to make it easier for employment permit holders to change employers
- Finally, MRCI is honoured to have been awarded the the John O’Connell award from NUIM Maynooth for Outstanding Contribution to Social Justice!