The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) is the part of the Department of Justice and Equality that deals with immigration.
Sending your letter to the correct division of INIS is important - if you send it to the wrong section, you might not get an answer. Find your issue below and send your letter to the listed division.
Write to RESIDENCE DIVISION UNIT 1 for...
- spouse of an Irish national/civil partnership with Irish national
- dependants of Irish nationals
- de facto relationships
- travel documents
Write to RESIDENCE DIVISION UNIT 2 for...
- Reactivation Employment Permit applications
- Change of status
- Extension of visit visa
- Stamp 0 applications
- Ministers of religion and lay volunteers
Write to RESIDENCE DIVISION UNIT 3 for...
- Long-term residency
- Turkish association
- Without conditions (Stamps 5 and 6)
- Change of name licence
- Foreign adoption
- Business permission
Write to RESIDENCE DIVISION UNIT 4 for...
- Irish citizen child applications
- EU Treaty Rights Section
- Visa Section
- Citizenship Section
- Student Review Group
- IBC (Irish Born Child) Unit
- Repatriation Unit (Zambrano type applications, Leave to Remain, Subsidiary Protection, Deportation and Removal Orders, Dublin II Regulation, Voluntary Return and Section 3 applications)
- Asylum/Subsidiary Protection/Family Reunification
- Atypical Working Scheme
If you have any questions, please contact us!